Introduction



Thanks for visiting my page. To help with navigation, here is a list of popular pages all about Marching in Colour

* The History of Marching In Colour - who is the man behind the words and service, how did it all come about

* Commissioning Models for Painting - how the process works, start to finish, and what you can expect

* Gallery of Artists Work - with over 20 years experience, here is a small sample of finished commissions

* ITEMS FOR SALE - as well as painting models, I also sell pre-painted models and assorted loose models and scenery on Etsy and Ebay. Links here!

* Trade in your old models for Painting Credit * click here for details

* To see details of all current commissions booked-in and estimated completion dates - click here

SCENERY and TERRAIN - for pre-made, handcrafted items of scenery and terrain, please click here

For TUTORIALS please follow this link - click here


Saturday 11 March 2017

Spaceships 2: First home-made fleet!

Howdy folks,

Since my interest in Spaceship wargaming, I've found a number of manufacturers which produce amazing looking ships. Until I can decide just which I like the best I thought I would have a go at scratch building some of my own... here's the results so far!



The paint scheme is rather simple - solid flat black, with purple plates, and pink dots to represent light from windows. Small rod beads added, and painted metallic brass to give a little extra detail.


The main vessels were assembled from 3 packs of phone connector thingies from a local DIY store, each pack £1.45 (so less than a fiver for the fleet!). Stands are from EM4 minis, decorative rods 99p for a pack of lots. Other than that, the fighters are made from a cocktail stick, and the torpedo ships from a lollipop stick!


Two of the larger craft -



Two variants of the smaller craft. These two were originally joined together, the 'wing' on the right forming the bridge. I decided to cut them apart keeping the sticky out part to see what it looked like. I decided to add a small length of cocktail stick to the edge to represent some kind of larger weapon.


Lollipop stick bombers, cocktail stick fighters! They are stuck on pieces of old plastic sprue to give them stability. I am thinking of replacing the sprue with very thin wire, as they could be mistaken for different types of craft on these solid bases. With wire they would look more like small independent craft.


Also.... painted up these wall plugs(!) to represent troop boarding craft, long and thin to hold vast numbers of marines, I envision these like torpedoes - hurtling towards a large craft, hitting front on, burning through the hull and unloading the troops!



Now... enough of silly ships... I really should be getting back to what I am actually paid to do - sneaky peak of some 10mm Ottoman cavalry just about finished!




Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed my endeavors!
Any tips or advice for the ships would be warmly received. Please also take a look around the website here if you have the time. I have a lot of random stuff listed on the 'For Sale' pages, and am always taking painting commissions. Email - Project_Vehemence@yahoo.co.uk

thanks
Chris

2 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff! I too build ships from bits and your stuff is quite inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. These phono plug ships are really cool! And I love the color scheme. Great work!

    ReplyDelete