Thanks for visiting my page. To help with navigation, here is a list of popular pages all about Marching in Colour
* The History of Marching In Colour - who is the man behind the words and service, how did it all come about
* Commissioning Models for Painting - how the process works, start to finish, and what you can expect
* Gallery of Artists Work - with over 20 years experience, here is a small sample of finished commissions
* Items For Sale or Trade - as well as painting models, I also sell pre-painted models and assorted loose models and scenery. Click the link for the current lists
* Trade in your old models for Painting Credit * click here for details
* To see details of all current commissions booked-in and estimated completion dates - click here
SCENERY and TERRAIN - for pre-made, handcrafted items of scenery and terrain, please click here
Monday, 12 December 2011
Painting: 28mm Picts (Gripping Beast)
Ah mid-December, don’t you just love this time of year? Its almost here, its almost the big day! No, I am not talking about Xmas, but Star Wars: The Old Republic! The MMO launches on the 20th (or for those of us who pre-ordered, up to 5 days sooner)!
That being the case I have been working real hard to get these beauties – 28mm Gripping Beast Picts - finished otherwise they would probably be still here, unpainted, in March, the expected date for my first break from Star Wars.
This is my first attempt in a long while at painting Tartan (thanks again to the good folks at TMP for their advice). I found it easier to paint the initial layer and lines, then wash over the top of the dress with a stain, and then pick out the base layer again rather than paint lines on top of lines.
Apologies for this entry being brief but I really must press on, time is short and no manipulation of the force will make my painting any faster!
Coming Soon: Painting a Goblin in 4 simple steps, Creating 'Concrete' effects and Norman Crossbowmen!