Introduction



Thanks for visiting my page. To help with navigation, here is a list of popular pages all about Marching in Colour

* The History of Marching In Colour - who is the man behind the words and service, how did it all come about

* Commissioning Models for Painting - how the process works, start to finish, and what you can expect

* Gallery of Artists Work - with over 20 years experience, here is a small sample of finished commissions

* ITEMS FOR SALE - as well as painting models, I also sell pre-painted models and assorted loose models and scenery on Etsy and Ebay. Links here!

* Trade in your old models for Painting Credit * click here for details

* To see details of all current commissions booked-in and estimated completion dates - click here

SCENERY and TERRAIN - for pre-made, handcrafted items of scenery and terrain, please click here

For TUTORIALS please follow this link - click here


Friday 4 July 2014

Like an article? Consider buying a buddy a beer

When I sit down to write a post on my blog, its because I have a passion to do so. This is usually built on several hours of musing, thinking and planning. In short I love gaming, I love strategizing, I love the simple parts of the game and I love delving deep into the meta game. This is true for anything I take an interest in, be it boardgame, wargame, computer game. I love the mechanics and I love the maths.

Only once I have ran it through a thousand times in my head do I sit down and ramble on about it in an article here. This site is the culmination of a lot of thinking, furious typing on a calculator, and the epic scrawlings on multiple pieces of paper. And, sometimes, occasionally, when I get the time, the result of actual real practiced gaming!

Feedback has been great. Discussion even more so. The hits roll in on this site at a steady pace. Even articles I wrote a long time ago continue to be popular. I am glad people find my work interesting and (hopefully) helpful.

I toyed with the idea of perhaps adding 'Adverts' to the site in order to maybe generate a little income from the traffic I receive. Then I thought, nah. It doesn't really fit with the passion behind the site. People come here because they have an interest in what is written or shown, nobody wants to be bombarded with adverts, even if they relate in part to the subject matter.

Instead I have decided to set up this 'donate' page.

If you really like an article I have wrote, if it really helped you out, if you found it interesting please consider making a donation to show your appreciation of the time that went into writing it. 

Maybe I have done some painting for you and upon receipt of them, you love them, and think you have got a real bargain, tips are always welcome!


Donations can be in-game items, models, gaming materials, they don't have to be money (although that is really nice).

If I write a computer gaming article, then its fairly safe to say I play that game - rares, gold, skins, game time, credits, etc. All would be appreciated.

If its table-top miniature related that brought you here, my favourite periods are 6mm Ancients, 28mm Greek, and AWI British.

Or if you are feeling very generous, my Paypal is 'Project_Vehemence@yahoo.co.uk'

Thanks folks!
Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment