Introduction



Thanks for visiting my page. To help with navigation, here is a list of popular pages all about Marching in Colour

* The History of Marching In Colour - who is the man behind the words and service, how did it all come about

* Commissioning Models for Painting - how the process works, start to finish, and what you can expect

* Gallery of Artists Work - with over 20 years experience, here is a small sample of finished commissions

* ITEMS FOR SALE - as well as painting models, I also sell pre-painted models and assorted loose models and scenery on Etsy and Ebay. Links here!

* Trade in your old models for Painting Credit * click here for details

* To see details of all current commissions booked-in and estimated completion dates - click here

SCENERY and TERRAIN - for pre-made, handcrafted items of scenery and terrain, please click here

For TUTORIALS please follow this link - click here


Tuesday 17 January 2012

28mm Scifi - 1999

Models: 1999

When I was offered these models to paint up and feature on my blog I was very interested to accept them, as they reminded me of an old familiar game by the name of 'Mutant Chronicles'.

I cant really comment on the game, or the background/setting to '1999' as until a couple of weeks ago I didn’t even know the game existed, but I will post links at the end of this article to a very nice site with plenty of photos, and an active 'Yahoo Group'.

Vixen

This was the first model that really caught my eye, cool looking chic with guns, what more can I say. A little bit boring to paint, in her black suit, but a nice sculpt and action pose.



Carnaliser

I enjoyed this model more than I thought I would. The cloak seems a little odd, I am not sure if it is supposed to be torn and tatty or if this is how it looks.


Tornador

A crazy looking guy, but a pain to work with. No matter the position I had his arms in they still didn’t look correct. I was very happy with the chains though, often parts like this on models bend too easy and risk damage, but these were fine.



The Demonic Troopers

As a youngster I remember being rather freaked out during a certain scene in the film 'American Werewolf in London', when a bunch of random Nazi style demon things pop up and kill everybody. These models remind me of that scene. They are so bad-ass and scary looking. They have oversized hands and demonic faces, big solid gothic boots, and the rest is covered by the great coat. Of the lot I have painted I think I like these guys the best.



Hope you folks like the painting, and if you want more information on these models or the game setting, please check out these excellent links -

http://displacedminiatures.com/1999%20Resources/

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/1999Gaming/?yguid=238236731

No comments:

Post a Comment