Introduction



Thanks for visiting my page. To help with navigation, here is a list of popular pages all about Marching in Colour

* The History of Marching In Colour - who is the man behind the words and service, how did it all come about

* Commissioning Models for Painting - how the process works, start to finish, and what you can expect

* Gallery of Artists Work - with over 20 years experience, here is a small sample of finished commissions

* ITEMS FOR SALE - as well as painting models, I also sell pre-painted models and assorted loose models and scenery on Etsy and Ebay. Links here!

* Trade in your old models for Painting Credit * click here for details

* To see details of all current commissions booked-in and estimated completion dates - click here

SCENERY and TERRAIN - for pre-made, handcrafted items of scenery and terrain, please click here

For TUTORIALS please follow this link - click here


Tuesday 5 June 2018

Marching In Colour - JUNE UPDATE - Photos, Plastic Sprues, and Epic 80's - Present SALES!

Howdy folks,

Thanks for taking the time to visit and read this latest update, and a big 'thank-you' to all those who continue to support my business - your patronage is noted, welcomed, and very much appreciated!

In this update -

1. Ebay - 'Power Seller' status achieved! And a dozen more plastic sprue sets added to buy in small groups of 4 or 8 models (or 3 cavalry).

2. Photos - my galleries now stretch to over 90 albums and over 2000 individual photos.

3. EPIC SALE - I'm acting as agent to help sell a collection of books, magazines, and rulebooks, dating from the 80's to present day.


1. EBAY



When I launched my shop I had one intention - to offer the best customer service possible, and I believe I have not only achieved that, but maintained it.

As many people know, Ebay can be classed as a 'buyers market', that is to say the buyer has the best choice, and sellers constantly discount their prices to a marginal fraction of the rrp. For example, outside of a Games Workshop store, when have you ever paid full rrp on GW product? A minimum of 10% discount is common.

As a small business this is a horrible practice. Our margins are already low, and many of us sell to maintain our homes, lifestyles, and pay bills. We run a regular business. To haggle and discount the small guy down to where his margins are pennies, for the work involved, is a poor place to be.

I took the stance early on, that although my prices may be 20p, or 30p, more than the cheapest seller, that I would endeavour to offer 100% on customer service. This means top-notch packaging, speedy dispatch, and help and advice where needed on tasks like assembly, or painting advice.

I am pleased to say that by Ebay standards and the feedback I have received, my business plan seems to be working so far.

With all that in mind, I have increased the amount of plastic sprues I carry to include Ancients, Dark Age, and Medieval miniatures. You can now purchase well over 20 different sets from top manufacturers like Perry Miniatures, Gripping Beast, and Warlord.

20 sets in addition to everything else my store stocks - boxsets, books, oop miniatures, assorted miniatures, scenery, and of course - pre-painted models and models painted to order.

CHECK OUT MY EBAY STORE HERE  - https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/marchingincolour




2. PHOTOS


I had a bit of a PC-scare recently and thought my hard drive was about to go, so I decided to upload as many photos from my computer into my Facebook page as possible. I later also discovered that my email folders, in particular the 'SENT' folder, actually contained emails back as far as 2005!

This included all the photos from all the commissions I have completed in the last 13 years!

I've still got to go through roughly years  2014 - 2017 and upload them to the Facebook group, but I am pleased to say over on the page now, I have 90+ Albums, full with almost 2100 photos!

These largely cover every commission I have undertaken in the last few years. It is a bit staggering to think just how many models I have painted, how many tables my work has graced, and how many battles all the little troops I have painted for people have fought.

And its still going strong!
New Albums this week are set to include all the 10mm Rohan (400+ Infantry, 300 cavalry), a completed Perry Travel Battle Set, and later some WW2 Italians and Medievals.

For those wanting to see the collection, please visit my Facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/MarchingInColour/ 


3 SALE!

I was recently contacted by a client and asked if I could help sell a large portion of his collection. Always pleased to help out I said 'Sure, no problem!' little did I know just how large this collection would turn out to be!

One very tired delivery driver later and three big boxes filled to the brim with books, rulebooks, and magazines arrived on my door step - 3 big boxes, 90kgs in weight!

I opened them up and it was like an Aladdin's Cave of treasures, enough to stock a small shop. This collection includes rule sets from the 80's printed in low-tech booklets, through to modern day sets available in most good hobby shops today.

The star of the collection though has to be the sheer amount of rare and oop books, and the condition which they are in - near mint condition many of them!

It has taken me a little longer than anticipated to start sorting these, but they will all be priced and up for sale asap.

Please note - I am acting as agent on a commission. By far the lions share goes to the owner. By purchasing any of these books, you not only help me to maintain my business, but you are helping out a fellow gamer liquidate part of his collection. In practice I expect to spend a good portion of my commission on some of these myself, as I have an eye on a few I wouldn't mind adding to my own collection!

For the list of what is available, which will be amended as items sell and updated as I sort through the boxes, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK HERE - http://marchingincolour.blogspot.com/2018/06/collection-sale.html


No comments:

Post a Comment